For this weeks blogging marathon I'm showcasing " How to perfect " recipes. Today I'm sharing recipe for "Lemonade" adapted from here. Check this Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38.
Summer in India is exhausting with high temperatures for months with no hope. In my recent experience I have seen temps going up to 48C. You have to hydrate yourself with thirst quencher's like coconut water, buttermilk, jal jeera & their comes our favorite Lemonade or Nimbu Pani. We don't call it a lemonade but it has it's own regional names depending on the language, but the mix is almost the same.
2Cups + 1/4cup cold water
1Tbs + 2Tsp sugar1/4Tsp salt
Few ice cubes
Mint for garnish
- Gather all the ingredients & gadgets you need to make this drink as shown above.
- Cut lemon into 2 halves.
- In a vessel squeeze fresh lemon juice using a lemon squeezer.
- To that add sugar, salt & water.
- Mix sugar & salt with a laddle until they are dissolved completely. Taste & adjust salt & sugar if needed.
- Serve in a glass with ice cubes & mint.
- You can add a 1/4tsp of chat masala & flavor it up.
- Replace 2 cups of water with soda & enjoy the fizz.
Some more refreshing drinks:
Iced Orange Tea