Fried pineapple quinoa is a variation of pineapple fried rice. I came across this similar dish with pineapple on a blogger friends site & just fell for it. This is a dish of bursting flavors & will leave you amazed with every bite.
1Cup cooked Quinoa
1/2 onion finely chopped
1Small bell pepper sliced
1Cup fresh pineapple pieces
1Tsp ginger garlic
1Green chili sliced
1Tsp garam masala or curry powder
1/2Tsp red chili powder (Adjust acc.)
1/4Tsp soy sauce
Salt for Taste
Pinch of sugar (Optional)
Few spring onions sliced
2Tsp toasted coconut flakes
- Heat a wide pan with oil. Add ginger garlic paste to pan & fry it for few seconds. To that add onion & green chilli's. Stir fry them for 1min.
- Now add pineapples, bell pepper & carrots to pan & stir fry. Add chili powder, salt & garam masala powder to pan & close it with a lid for 2mins.
- Add cooked quinoa to pan along with soy sause & stir fry it for few seconds.Adjust salt & chili powder if needed.
- Switch off heat & garnish with spring onions & toasted coconut flakes.
- Instead of quinoa you can use rice.
- You can replace garam masala powder with curry powder of your choice.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.