How to sprout??? Yah.. When you are thinking & trying to be healthy, sprouted beans are involved in it. Other day I was randomly checking the calorie facts of mung bean & to my surprise 1Cup of sprout beans are just 31 calories. I was jumping in joy..of-course in my head & went a head making a snack bowl for the eve.
Bean & lentils take at least 2days of time to sprout. Plan ahead if you want to snack on them. Coming to sprouting, I remember my mom making them in a cheese cloth & I have seen many tutorials with different methods. so here is how I have done.
1/2Cup moong beans / mung beans
1. Soak Moong beans for 16hrs. I checked the beans after 8hrs and I could see some beans haven't puffed yet. I went ahead & soaked them for next 8hrs.
2. Drain the water & give them a good wash.
3. Now comes the sprouting part. If the bowl is small then transfer beans in to a wide bowl & close it with a lid in a way you allow a little air in to it.
4. They sprouted a little after 8hrs.
5. After another 8hrs they are fully sprouted & ready to snack on.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.