Monday, September 2, 2013

Aloo Tikki

Snacks are very less to happen in my kitchen. It’s not becoz I’m lazy but it’s that there is a snack menu in our timetable. My hubby is so busy for past 2yrs & he will be in future too. Generally his office timings are very long  & it’s hard to munch a snack for him. On weekends we end up eating in restaurants most of the time.
With these circumstances I struggle to a lot time for snacks in my recipe index. So I thought I need to take full advantage of this marathon & stared it with a yummilicious street chat. I tried making it on this Friday & he was home early. We got a chance to enjoy the snack to full.
Blogger marathon #32 is a 26 day event & named as ABC cooking.


Yields - 6 Tikkis
Ingredients 
1 Large potato cooked & mashed
1/2 Cup cooked green peas
1/2 Cup onions
1 Tsp chat masala
2 Tbs corn flour
2 Tsp coriander cumin powder
2 Tsp lemon juice / amchur powder 
1 Tsp paprika
Salt for taste
2 Tbs oil for frying 



- In a bowl mix all the ingredients.



- Divide it in to 6 equal balls. Shape them into flat patties.



- Heat a wide pan with 1 tbs oil. Place the patties on the pan & fry them well on both sides. Once they are nice and brown on both sides remove them on to a paper towel or tissue. 



- Do the same with the next batch too. 



Serve them with coriander mint chutney & enjoy.


Note: 
1. I used one big potato, which are usually used to make "Garden Potato" dish.
2. To retain the color of peas I added little salt & baking soda while boiling them.
3. I dusted corn flour instead of bread crumbs to get a crispy texture outside. I recommend bread crumbs for sure.
4. You can replace chat masala with garam masala in emergency. 

30 comments:

  1. Even its happens with my husband,wonderful that u started BM with this delicious tikki..Beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ! this is way tooo tempting Sreevalli... been ages since I had this :-))

    yummy pix too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaloo tikkis are welcome any time..I love street food and this one is really good.like your presentation. ..you feel like picking and eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tikkis are my weakness ! The whole plate Looks so tempting ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aloo tikki looks so inviting and yummy. Beautiful click as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color on these tikkis. I must make them soon. We love it in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clicks are lovely!!Nice one to start the marathon with :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aloo tikki is my all time favourtie street food, love this tikki with meethi chutney and curd... beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tikkis look yumm dear :) love the first click

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tikkis look so sinful!..very inviting and I won't mind a plate of them right now..looking forward to other snacks..:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all love aloo tikkis at home. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow aloo tikki looks super delicious and tempting dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tikki looks delicious. The snaps are so nice....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy looking aloo tikkis. Lovely clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your photos are looking too good like I can grab one right off the screen

    ReplyDelete
  16. The aloo tikki looks perfect. It can well with ragda too..Yumm! Nice click :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a beautiful recipe and the pictures look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent and yummy looking aloo tikkis.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  19. These have come out perfect! So looking forward to an improved 'snacks' list :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I knew some one will def post this one it was my first choice I love them so much but somehow ended making dal it's so yumm right nicely made

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't mind it for my lunch. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yous clicks are so inviting! lovely recipe and a perfect start to the marathon :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aloo Tikki. Such a simple and ever popular snack. The photographs speaks for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These tikkis look so inviting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning pictures and feeling like grab the whole plate from the screen..Yummooo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely!!! I can have this plate anytime of the day... :)

    Send your entries to an event with a giveaway @ cookingwithsj.com/pizza-zone/

    ReplyDelete