Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Italian Pasta Salad

Last week this time we were experiencing high temps, but today to our surprise the temperature has taken down lane & it's all pleasant and cool. Keeping the temps aside last few days have been very busy. I was feeling so lazy to resume things where I have stopped. Decided to make myself useful I took cooking as my option. With the cool temps & being rejuvenated I decided to bake some goodies for my coming post. 
For todays post I went front & back with different options & later settled on this salad. This salad is easy to make & keeps you full. Try making it & I'm sure you will enjoy it.


Ingredients
1 Cup cooked pasta 
1/2 Cup corn 
1/2 Cup grated carrot 
2 Tbs. chives 
2 Tbs. scallions
1 Tsp. oil
For Honey Lime Vinaigrette
1/4 cup lime juice 
2 Tbs. honey 
1 Tbs. olive oil 
1 Tsp. black pepper powder 
Salt for taste



For cooked pasta follow the packet instructions. Generally I take a vessel full of water & the vessel size depends on the quantity of pasta. So bring water to boil with pinch of salt. To that add the pasta & cook it. After 10mins check if the pasta is cooked. Switch off heat & strain the pasta. 
Heat a pan with oil. Once it's hot add the corn & saute it till corn fry's well as above. Now switch off heat & keep aside.



Vinaigrette
In another bowl add lime juice, honey, olive oil, pepper powder & salt. Whisk together & keep aside.
Making Salad 
Take a bowl to that add cooked pasta, corn, carrots, chives & scallions. Now add the vinaigrette to bowl & mix them well.




Serve as a side with lasagna or as you wish.
***My Hubby finished the whole bowl & demands for more.. :)
His comments are it's spicy,sweet & yum.

Note: 
- The vinaigrette I used was yummy. If you like to play around you can use any other vinaigrette.  
- Add more veggies for more healthier salad. 

24 comments:

  1. i love pasta salads with italian seasoning :) lovely combo's and colorful salad looks so inviting dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am forever looking for new salad recipes...this one looks great with such wonderful flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so healthy and delicious salad!!! looks very appealing!!

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Filling and rich pasta salad ! Lovely clicks too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. any substitute for chives? we don't get them here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds my kind of salads with loads of veggies and pasta, very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very healthy and colorful pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow yummy salad,lovely clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  9. the vinagrette sounds wonderful to complement the salad

    ReplyDelete
  10. pasta salad looks super awesome n inviting cliks..

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy italian pastas so good my kids fav

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a colorful and delicious salad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your bowl is way too tempting!..very lovely pictures and the salad sounds delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  14. very lovely looking salad, this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  15. VEry tepmting and healthy salad. Clicks are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Pasta salads! I make a big batch during summer months to eat it on hot days :) Looks so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The clicks are tempting me!!!!Awesome healthy salad

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pasta salads are a healthy and easy lunch option!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Iam so sorry I am sitting in the library and they do not allow pin it. This is a delicous pasta and I want to make it. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete