Monday, February 3, 2014

Fruit Custard with Pomegranate Seeds


Fruit Custard

Fruit custard is a simple & delicious dessert that you can serve it any occasion. The basic custard powder is available in different flavors like vanilla, pista, mango..etc.So you can enjoy the flavor depending upon your mood. A pinch or more of elachi gives this dessert a nice flavor. 


Fruit Custard

Prep Time-10mins | Cooking Time-20mins | Yields-4Servings
Ingredients
3Tbs vanilla custard powder
3&1/2Cups milk (2% fat)
3Tbs sugar (Adjust according to your taste)
1Tsp cardamon powder / elachi powder 
Few saffron strands
3/4Cup pomegranate seeds
Directions
-In a bowl add custard powder & to that add 1cup milk. Mix custard powder without leaving any lumps. 
- Meanwhile heat a vessel with rest of the milk & saffron. Add sugar to milk & bring it to boil. 
- Now add the custard mix & elachi powder to the boiled milk & keep stirring it on low heat till it becomes little thick.
- Switch off heat & allow it to cool a little bit before refrigerating it.
Serving Instructions
- Arrange a layer of pomegranate seeds in a bowl & to that add a ladle full of custard & repeat the same with rest of the layers. 
- Serve it chilled.


Fruit Custard

Note:
- The custard with thicken itself when refrigerated. You don't have to over cook it to reach the consistency. 
- You can add different fruits of your choice other than pomegranate seeds.
- Touch of elachi elevates the flavor. You can skip it if you want to.


Fruit Custard

Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.

21 comments:

  1. bejewelled custard...looks so tempting, works for kids and grownups ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious Custard with Pomegranate...Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ...mouthwatering :) yummy dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so creamy and yummy pass me the cup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can have this anytime!...lovely pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love custard, with or without any fruits. Pomegranate custard is very inviting

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so good with those beautiful red ruby pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Custard is a family favorite. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say the clicks are absolutely stunning! The custard looks really good and with pomegranate it would be too good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely custard! My kids would love those bowls of sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a nice twist of adding pomegranate to the yummy custard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Custard is a great way to enjoiy fruits :-) Clicks are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always spent my half an hour to read this webpage's posts every day along with
    a mug of coffee.

    Here is my web site best stomach

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your photography.. and the pomegranates look so good.. I have always love pomegranates in desserts, I love the flavor it adds. I remember my mum used to make pomegranate juice for us as kids and since then I have just love this fruit. Kdd harvest has recently launch pomegranate juice which reminds me of my mum’s juice.. I am definitely making this custard for my kids they are gona love it..Have you added kesar in this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. I added few streaks of saffron for the color.. Thanks for asking about it.. I'm updating recipe right away.

      Delete