Fruit custard is a simple & delicious dessert that you can serve it any occasion. The basic custard powder is available in different flavors like vanilla, pista, mango..etc.So you can enjoy the flavor depending upon your mood. A pinch or more of elachi gives this dessert a nice flavor.
Prep Time-10mins | Cooking Time-20mins | Yields-4Servings
3Tbs vanilla custard powder
3&1/2Cups milk (2% fat)
3Tbs sugar (Adjust according to your taste)
1Tsp cardamon powder / elachi powder
Few saffron strands
3/4Cup pomegranate seeds
-In a bowl add custard powder & to that add 1cup milk. Mix custard powder without leaving any lumps.
- Meanwhile heat a vessel with rest of the milk & saffron. Add sugar to milk & bring it to boil.
- Now add the custard mix & elachi powder to the boiled milk & keep stirring it on low heat till it becomes little thick.
- Switch off heat & allow it to cool a little bit before refrigerating it.
- Arrange a layer of pomegranate seeds in a bowl & to that add a ladle full of custard & repeat the same with rest of the layers.
- Serve it chilled.
- The custard with thicken itself when refrigerated. You don't have to over cook it to reach the consistency.
- You can add different fruits of your choice other than pomegranate seeds.
- Touch of elachi elevates the flavor. You can skip it if you want to.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.