Cook Time-10mins | Prop Time-10mins | Yields - 7Servings
1/2Cup toor dal / kandi pappu
3Tbs coriander seeds / dhaniyalu
1Tsp black pepper
- Heat a pan & add toor dal to it. Dry roast them till toor dal changes it color to darkish yellow.
- Transfer dal on to a plate & allow it cool. Mean while heat the same pan with rest of the spices.
- Dry roast them till they change to light brownish color. Switch off heat & transfer spices to the dal plate.
- Allow them to cool completely before grinding.
- Grind them to a coarse powder.
- Store powder in a air tight container
- Make it in small batches to have a flavorful rasam.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.