Gujrati cusine is vegetarian mainly & the staple includes kichidi, pickle & chaas. The dishes of Gujarat are very distinctive in taste. The well know & widley dishes include Dhokla, Khandvi & many more. Today I'm sharing one of the much known dish "Thepla" here.
Thepla/Dhebra is a roti or bread made of mixture flours, spices & veggies. This methi thepla roti I'm sharing is a mix of fenugreek leaves & spices. It is a healthy & easy dish you can enjoy regularly.
You might like:
- Avocado Garlic Naan
- Garlic Naan
- Palak Roti
Prep Time-40mins | Cook Time-15mins | Yields-5roti's
3/4Cup wheat flour + Some to dust chapati's
1Cup fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves)
1Tsp chili powder
1Tsp coriander cumin powder
1Tsp ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
Water to knead
2Tbs butter /oil
- In a bowl add all the ingredients other than water. Now mix the ingredients by adding little by little of water & form in to a dough.
- Close it with a wet towel & allow it to sit for 10mins to 30mins on the counter.
Click the link Chapati to get step wise directions
- Now divide the dough in to equal parts & form them into balls.
- First dust the floor then take a dough ball & press it flat.
- Dust it & using a rolling pin roll it flat & round in shape.
- Repeat the same with rest of the balls.
- Heat a pan. Spread little butter on the pan & place a roti on it. Brush some ghee on the upper side.
- Cook it for few seconds & flip it to other side. Now the roti is half done.
- Next xook on both sides till you see small brown spots. This means the roti is done & ready.
- Repeat the same with rest of the roti's.
- Serve them with a curry, pickle & yogurt.
- I use very less fat to cook roti's. You can still see some flour that I used while rolling.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.