Bajra ki roti is a Rajasthani dish made of pearl millet's or sajjalu (in telugu). These roti's are enjoyed along with lahsun ki Chutney & kadhi. This roti's are little different from your regular roti or chapati in texture ad taste. As all of the dishes these roti's are easy to make & delicious to eat.
Adapted From:Indian Kitchen
1Cup bajra flour
4Tbs atta flour
4Tbs dried fenugreek leaves
Salt to taste
Warm water to knead dough
- Mix bajra, atta flour,fenugreek leaves, salt in a bowl.
- Add little by little warm water while forming a dough.
- Close dough with a wet cloth & allow it to sit on a counter for 15mins.
- Now take a foil or a plastic sheet & grease it with little oil.
- Divide dough to equal balls.
- Take a ball of dough & place it on the sheet. Now press it with less pressure, while expanding dough on all sides.
- Don't expand it too thin & round the edges nicely.
- Heat pan with butter/ghee.Place a roti on it.
- cook it on one side & apply ghee to roti. Cook for few seconds & reverse it to other.
- Now layer a little ghee & allow to cook.
- You can see little dark circles forming on each side you cooked.
- Transfer roti to a plate & repeat the same with rest of the dough balls.
- Don't add too much water.
- Add little more of flour if needed.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.