Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rabri Falooda | Rabdi Falooda

Rabri Falooda

Delhi which is the capitol city of India, is situated in northern part of India. It was a part of Punjab during british raj & it was declared as a union territory later. Toady I'm sharing a old delhi street food which is tempting & delicious. 
Rabri Falooda
Cook Time-1hr | Serves-2People
Ingredients 
For Rabdi or Rabri
2Cups milk
1/4Cup sugar
4Cardmon pods powdered
For Falooda
1/2 of 1/4Cup vermicelli / falooda sev 
1/2Cup milk
4Tbs rose syrup 
4Tbs tukmaria seeds
Chopped almonds for topping
Vanilla ice cream (Optional)
Directions
For Rabdi
- Soak tukmaria seeds in double the amount of water for at least 30mins.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan with milk & reduce it to 1/2 by keep stirring. 
- Add cardamon powder & sugar to milk & keep stirring it till milk becomes thick. Switch off heat & keep aside. 


Rabri Falooda
For Falooda
- Mean while cook vermicelli with milk. When it done add the rose syrup to the milk & mix it well & keep aside. Allow them to cool.
- Take a glass & layer the falooda in the bottom & top it with rabdi. 
- Scoop it with ice cream & garnish it with chopped almonds. 
- Serve chill. 
Note: 
- I used vermicelli in place of falooda. 
- You can your choice of dry fruit or a even a mix of them. 
- Ice cream sure will take this dessert to next level. So try it out. 
- Rather than cooking in water I used milk to make vermicelli must tastier.


Rabri Falooda
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.


26 comments:

  1. Yumm.. Feel like taking that glass right now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falooda looks tempting........ Flavorful click !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanna grab it from the pics...looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...it looks so good....tempting ....its so good for summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, this falooda is just killing me, sooo tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is one of the hits of Delhi..it looks fantastic and I feel so nostalgic when it comes to food from Delhi.
    Srivalli excuse me for saying that the Delhi rabri falooda does not use Takmari..it is the Mumbais Royal Falooda which uses Takmari..I know it is a very small thing but it changes the taste. Hope you are not offended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem...actually I was happy to know the difference between both the falooda's...

      Delete
  7. Falooda looks so tempting ..I want it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cannot take my eyes off that first click!!! I so want to grab that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for summer to ave this again and again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fabulous. It has turned out perfect an I am drooling here..

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures are stunning!..so beautifully captured!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely delicious looking rabdi falooda.. Clicks are too good -- they are making me want to try this dish right away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heard a lot about falooda but never tasted it. Colorful clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures are too good! Can't take my eyes off them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! yummy falooda. The pictures look so delicious. I would love to have some of this now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just drooling here even though it is cold here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy looking,falooda..stunning clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh the pictures are so delicious, feel like grabbing it from the screen!!! lovely color,stunning clicks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg valli just can't take my eye from those beauties :) falooda looks very attractive and love your version a lot !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome clicks! Looks so tempting.Would love to have some right now...

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is very nice post and people getting more information about restaurant so this post will definately help them to find best restaurant.I will share this post with my friends.
    Restaurants in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://askme-india.blogspot.in/2015/02/enjoy-mouth-watering-dishes-from-best.html

    ReplyDelete