Assam is one of the north eastern states of India. This beautiful state reminds of the awakening smell of tea.
For todays marathon I'm presenting a vegetarian dish "Bhindi Sorsori" means okra in mustard sauce. It is a simple & delicious curry with mild flavors. I made a few changes but the basics of the recipe are same.It went very well along with rice & roti.
Prep Time-10mins | Cook Time-30mins | Serves-2 people
Recipe Courtesy : Sunita's blog
20 Bhindi cut lengthwise
11Whole red chili
2Green chili slit in to half
1Tsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
1Tsp panch phoron mix (mustards,jeera,methi,fennel & nigella seeds)
1Tbs mustard oil
For the paste
2Tbs mustard sauce
1Tsp ginger paste
- Heat pan with oil. To that add panch phoron mix, red chili, green chili & bay leaf.
- Once the seeds start jumping add onions to pan. Fry them translucent & to that add bhindi along with salt & turmeric.
- Cook with a closed lid for 3mins & stir in chili powder.
- In a bowl mix mustard paste, ginger paste with water.
- Add it to pan & cook it till it gets thick.
- Switch off & serve warm.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.