Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bhindi Sorsori

Bhindi Sorsori

Assam is one of the north eastern states of India. This beautiful state reminds of the awakening smell of tea.
For todays marathon I'm presenting a vegetarian dish "Bhindi Sorsori" means okra in mustard sauce. It is a simple & delicious curry with mild flavors. I made a few changes but the basics of the recipe are same.It went very well along with rice & roti. 


Bhindi Sorsori
Prep Time-10mins | Cook Time-30mins | Serves-2 people
Recipe Courtesy : Sunita's blog 
Ingredients 
20 Bhindi cut lengthwise
1Onion sliced 
11Whole red chili
2Green chili slit in to half
1bay leaf
1Tsp red chili powder
1/4Tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
1Tsp panch phoron mix (mustards,jeera,methi,fennel & nigella seeds)
1Tbs mustard oil
For the paste
2Tbs mustard sauce
1/2Cup water
1Tsp ginger paste
Directions
- Heat pan with oil. To that add panch phoron mix, red chili, green chili & bay leaf. 
- Once the seeds start jumping add onions to pan. Fry them translucent & to that add bhindi along with salt & turmeric. 
- Cook with a closed lid for 3mins & stir in chili powder.
- In a bowl mix mustard paste, ginger paste with water. 
- Add it to pan & cook it till it gets thick.
- Switch off & serve warm.


Bhindi Sorsori
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.






28 comments:

  1. love to cook with mustard sauce. The bhindi with mustard sauce looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow such an delicious and yummy bhinidi sorsori :)looks very delicious and so inviting dear :) I wud love to have them with dal rice !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy and delicious bhindi sorsori...Yummy dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious and lovely to look at lady's finger mixed with sorso. Wonderfully prepared.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have similar dish lined up for a different state, i was in love with it. yours is slightly different. I loved the pictures and the post

    ReplyDelete
  6. delicious curry .. recently I have started using mustard paste in my cooking.. this is good

    ReplyDelete
  7. this bhindi sorsori looks yummy.. would love to have it with rotis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy and delicious bhindi sorsori,am in love with that aromatic paste u used here..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very inviting clicks. I initially planned for this but didn't go through as there were no willing tasters at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okra in mustard sauce looks very inviting!!! panch phoron spice really brings a unique flavor to the dish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okra in mustard paste sounds interesting and delicious. Lovely clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice dish...I had short listed this one, but couldn't think of making Okra this way..now I feel bad..very nicely..

    ReplyDelete
  13. The connection of Assam with tea is so strongly entrenched in our mind, is it not? Not a fan of okra, but I think my family would love this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Same pinch Sreevalli! I made this as well...Loved the flavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dish is now in my to do list. It looks so inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow such a delicious bhundi. I love the use of mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elegant Bhindi with tempting flavors..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made this too - slightly different method.. ! yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  19. This does sound a bit like the achari bhindi. The mustard pasteis the common factor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A ggod one to go with rotis. As Valli mentioned, I too shortlisted it but we prefer bhindi crispy and had to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice one.Must be a good side dish with roti...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another mustard bhendi recipe. This recipe sounds interesting. I want to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Same pinch..even I made these..delicious is the word.

    ReplyDelete