Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mung Sprouts Salad | Moong Sprouts Salad | Sprouts Salad

For this weeks blogging marathon I'm showcasing " Soups & Salads". Today I'm sharing a healthy sprout salad. Check this Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38.

Moong Sprouts Salad

Moong sprouts salad / Mung sprouts salad is a healthy indian style salad. Sprouts are a healthy & nutrient food. They can be made with different pulses & I chose moong bean sprouts for this salad. I made it in Indian style as I don't have to add oil in the dressing & it only needs 3 ingredients to build the flavor in salad. Check my post for how to sprout for step wise post.

Moong Sprouts Salad
Prep Time-16hrs | Cook Time-10mins | Yields-2servings
Ingredients
1Cup moong dal sprouts
1/2Cup grated carrot 
1Tbs lemon juice 
1Tsp red chili powder (Adjust accordingly)
salt
Directions 
- Steam cook mung dal for 5mins. Remove them & cool them.
- Mean while in a bowl mix carrots, lemon juice, red chili powder & salt. 
- Now add the moong sprouts to the bowl & mix them well. 
- Adjust salt & chili powder if needed. 
- Garnish as you like & enjoy this healthy salad.
Note:
- You add finely chopped onions for a crunch in the salad.
- You can mix & match veggies in this salad. So play with the combo's as you like.


Moong Sprouts Salad
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.


28 comments:

  1. Hello Sreevalli... your pics are so mouth watering... way to go girlie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very healthy and refreshing salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and colourful looking salad. Sreevalli, all the recipes of yours are healthy and tasty.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  4. healthy and yummy!! nice clicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazingly healthy!! I can almost hear the crunch from the sprouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!!! I also make this salad often....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely clicks,healthy n colorful salad,happy to follow you,would be glad if you follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy and nutritious salad ..yummy !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healthy and colorful salad, beautiful click Srivalli....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi SreeValli, you have a great blog with wonderful collection of recipes, I am so happy to follow you, will be very happy if you can also follow me back....
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. my favorite snack.. nice presentation.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super easy salad recipe. Yur clicks are super.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love sprouts salad a lot and this look very colorful !! very healthy one !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healthy recipe! Looks colourful and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very healthy and filing salad!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tell me, is there anything nutritious and protein rich salad then this sprouts salad?? omg, love it to the core.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inviting pictures!! Salad looks so healthy and filling..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crunchy and healthy mung dal salad.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad to see that you steam the sprouts too. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very healthy salad...looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete