Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Spicy Corn Cakes


I'm not kind of a snacky person but my hubby he loves to have some when he is back home in the eve.I generally look out a quick ones so that I won't end up at the stove whole eve.

Coming to this cakes they are crispy from out side and soft from inside.
This recipe includes egg but I replaced it with yogurt for my convenience. 

The vinegar dip was too good. I tried ketchup, chili Sauce and etc... But this dip was ultimate.It goes with any kind of snack.  

** This recipes makes 12 corn cakes **

Ingredients

1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 medium onion finely chopped 
1/2 cup mint chopped finely 
1 Garlic clove minced
1/2 tsp cumin coriander powder
1/2 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup maida
1/2 cup corn flour 
1/ cup yogurt
1/2 tsp salt (varies acc. to taste)
1/4 cup oil  
*1/2 cup flour for rolling corn balls

In a bowl add all the ingredients one by one leaving yogurt to the last (I used yogurt to mix ingredients).Mix them well.


Take a litlle mixture and roll out a ball with it. Dip the ball in corn flour and make a flat cake like shown in the above image.
 Repeat the same with the remaining mixture. 

Heat a pan with 1tbs oil & place the cakes in a pan. Just add little by little oil as needed to the cakes and fry them both the sides.

*** You can even deep fry them if wanted. I opted to pan fry them so it's up to you :)



For vinegar dip
1/2 cup white wine vinegar 
1/4 cup brown sugar 
11/2 tsp red chili's
11/2 tsp salt

Heat a pan with all the above ingredients. Bring them to boil & allow them to cook for 10 to 15 mins. Then remove the syrup form heat & allow it to cool. Garnish with coriander & it's ready to serve.

Out Come I never expected the combo to be that good. I just couldn't resist licking my finger. 


10 comments:

  1. looks very delicious and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super delish! loving it... You could send this to the Serve It - fried event happening at our space..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds delicious. .a must try book marking this recipie

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect snack...first time here and following you now. you have a nice event happening...will send something. do check out my event HLI-DATES as well

    -Aarthi@munchmunchcrunchcrunch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super yummy loved your corn cake recipe..

    ReplyDelete