These are the mini version of famous andhra sweet " Madatha Kaja". They are one delicious sweet that will just melt in your mouth.
1/2 Cup Maida
Pinch of Baking soda
1 Tbs Ghee
1/2 cup Curd ( Varies while mixing the dough)
Oil to fry
1 Tbs Elachi Powder
3 Tbs of Rice flour
3 Tbs of Ghee for rolling the kaja's
For Sugar Syrup
1 cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
1. Mix all the Kaja ingredients except the rice flour and 3 tbs of Ghee. I used curd to mix the flour but not water. If the dough becomes sticky just sprinkle little maida and make a soft dough.
2. Allow the dough to stay for 2 hrs in a bowel covered with wet cloth.
3. Now take a deep vessel & heat it with water & to that add sugar.
4. Boil the sugar syrup to string consistency and add elachi to it.
5. Now divide dough and make 3 equal balls ( the 1/2 cup maida makes 3 balls ).
6. Now spread the dough like a mat and apply 1 tbs of Ghee and sprinkle some rice flour on the dough like shown in the image.
7.Now roll them as shown in the figure and cut them in to small pieces.
8. Deep fry them in the oil till they turn brown. Now add them to the sugar syrup. Leave them in syrup for 15mins & remove them in to a container.
9. You can store them in a container for more than a week.