This dish goes very well as a appetizer or a evening snack.
The actual recipe I came across was made of " Polenta" though I have replaced Polenta with Semolina for my convenience. I tried transforming this to a pure Indian dish with some Italian touches.
1 1/2 cup Semolina
2 Tbs Corn flour
1/2 Cup Peas
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Tbs Butter
3 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
1 Tbs Mustard
3 Red chillis
Small bunch of Basil leaves
1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup of cheese
1. Heat a pan with oil and add mustard. Once they splutter add crushed garlic and allow it to fry for few seconds.
2. Grind the stock ingredients. Add 1 1/2 cup of stock to the pan along with milk & peas.Bring to boil.
3. Add Semolina to the pan slowly whisking the stock.
4. Here I added the corn flour directly to the stock and kept whisking it till it semolina becomes thick.
( Till here it's same as we make upma)
5. Once it's thick switch off the pan and transfer your ingredients to a pan.
6. Refrigerate them for 5 hrs and cut them to square pieces.
7. Roll each piece in Flour and pan fry them with little oil on 2 sides till they turn brown.
8. Take a baking pan arrange them in the pan and sprinkle with Bread Crumbs and Cheese on top.
9. Bake them at 370 degrees for 15 mins.
* Serve hot they are crunchy out side and smooth inside.