Thupka or Gya thuk is a well-known soup of northeastern states. Sikkim, a state of India & is also part of northern states very popular for it's cuisine in northeastern states. Sharing Sikkim's simple yet comforting soup made of spice paste, noodle & veggies. This soup can be soothing for chilling winters.
Adapted From : SBSIngredients
1Carrot sliced thin in to equal parts
Few branches of spring onion chopped
2Cups water or vegetable broth
Rice noodles 50g
Salt to taste
1Tbs lemon juice
1Small onion chopped
- Grind the ingredients under grind to smooth paste.
- Heat pan with oil. Add paste to pan.
- Fry it till the raw smell goes off.
- Add vegetable broth to pan & cook it on low heat for 10mins.
- To the broth add carrots & cook for few minutes. Switch off heat.
- Add salt & lemon juice to soup & adjust taste if needed.
- Heat a deep vessel with full of water with little salt. Bring water to boil & switch off heat. Add noodles to vessel. Stir occasionally if needed. After 5mins drain water & wash noodles with cold water.
- Transfer soup in to serving bowls & top with cooked rice noodles.
- Garnish with spring onions & serve right away.
- Check instruction back of the noodle box to cook them.
- You can veggies of your choice to the broth.
- Don't over cook veggies.
- If the red chili's you are using are less spicier then add a green chili to the grind paste.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.