Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Minumula Chintapandu Pachadi | Urad Dal Chutney with Tamarind

This chutney is a nellore delicacy with lots of tangy & crunchy taste to it. It's a very delicious chutney you will fall in love automatically. 
I first tasted & learned this recipe from my MIL. When I moved to Korea I was on my own experimenting in cooking. I failed many times in getting the perfection for this recipe. As they say " Try,Try & Try Till You Achieve" & atlast I did.
My hubby Loves this recipe so I make sure that I make it perfectly as he likes :) 



Ingredients
3/4 cup of urad dal (Minapappu)
3/4 cup of tamarind
Seasoning
6 Red chilli
1 tbs dhania
1 tsp mustard 
1/2 tsp methi seeds
1 tbs oil
Hing ( Asafoetida )
Salt for taste

To start with clean tamarind & soak it in water.
Heat pan with oil & add mustard once they start jumping add red chili ,methi seeds, dhania & hing to it.Remove it from pan & allow it to cool.In the same pan add urad dal and fry them till they turn light brown or till the nice aroma touches your nose.
Grind the seasoning first then comes tamarind & salt turn. After grinding then add urad dal to mixie. Just use pulse button to break the urad dal as shown in the picture as the chutney should be crunchy. (Don't grind it to paste)
 
Out come:  Serve with hot rice with a dollop of ghee. It tastes delicious. 

8 comments:

  1. it surely is a yummy chutney....goes good with anything...I love it with rice and neyyi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make it, I am dying to try it and bookmarked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow tongue tickling chutney,delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy. Exactly same way my mom prepares!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks yummy.First time visitor here. Need to try this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete