Monday, July 30, 2012

Sweet Dhokla

Friday is a day of Goddess Lakshmi and for me every Friday is a very very important day as I perform "Sri Vaibhava Lakshmi pooja"on that day. This pooja is so powerful and I know it doesn't need a Intro.
For the pooja I offer a sweet made of Besan as Prasadam..So here comes my challenge every week in search of a sweet dish made of Besan..
This Friday I was going thru blogs and saw Dhokla in a blog suddenly my tube light has lighten with "Sweet Dhokla". It came out very well and I hope that even the Goddess will bless me for my new invention.
I made few changes for the dish like added little rice flour, used Yeast for baking powder and Suger in place of lime..
Here it is...

Ingredients
1/4 Cup Rice flour
3/4 Cup Besan Flour
1/2 Tbs Yeast
1 Cup Sugar ( Adjust according to your taste)
Seasoning
2 Tbs Butter
1 Tbs Mustard
1 Tbs Jeera
Cilantro for Seasoning

How to make it ???
1.Take yeast, 1 Spoon sugar and add little warm water to it.Mix them well and keep it aside for few mins.
2.Mix Besan and Rice flour to a paste by using the above yeast mix. Close the above mixture with a wet towel and allow it to rise for 1hr.
3. Grease a microwavable box with butter and pour the Besan mixture to it.Microwave it for 4 Min ( It may take less than that too).Use a tooth pick to check whether it is fully cooked or not. Cool the Besan cake for few minutes.
4. Take sugar and mix it with 1 cup of water. Microwave a bowl with butter and seasoning. Allow the Mustard to splutter and add sugar syrup to it. Microwave sugar syrup for few mins.
5. Now take the Besan cake and cut it to pieces. Add the sugar syrup to the cake and garnish it with cilantro.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete