1 Cup chopped yam / kanda
2 Cups malabar spinach / bachali koora
2Tbs tamarind pulp
1Tbs mustard powder
1Tbs mustard seeds
1Tbs channa dal
1Tbs urad dal
4Red chilis cut equally
1Tsp hing / asafoetida
1. Heat pan with oil and add seasoning to it. Once they are done now add greens to the pan and fry it well.
2. Mean while pressure cook Yam for 1 whistle or cook them in a microwave. Smash yam with a spoon to a rough paste.
3. Now add pasted Yam to pan and mix it with tamarind juice salt and sugar.
4. Cook it for 10mins and remove from heat.
5. Add mustard powder to pan and mix well.
* Serve with Rice.
Note: Yam will have a Slight itchy feel when you touch it and even after cooking. To avoid that you have to add a pinch of tamarind juice while pressure cooking it. ( Tip from MOM)