2 Cups of Rice
2 cups chopped Italian Brinjal
1 cup chopped Onion
5 Tbs of Tamarind paste
4 Tbs Oil
Salt for taste
Sugar ( To balance the tamarind and salt)
Vangi bath Powder
( I got this powder recipe from Madhu's Vantalu )
1 Tbs Coriander seeds
1 Tbs Jeera
1 small piece Cinnamon
3 Tbs of Coconut Powder
1 Tbs Chana Dal
1 Tbs Urad Dal
3 Red Chili
1 Tbs Mustard
1 Tbs Jeera
2 Red Chili
Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
3 Curry Leaves
How to Make ???
1. Cook rice and cool it for a while.
2. Heat a pan with oil add all the seasoning ingrediants except curry leaves to it. Once the Mustard started spluttering add Onion to it.
3. Fry them till they turn brown.
4. Add the chopped Brinjal to it and close the pan with a lid. Allow Onions and Brinjals to cook for a while.
5. Meanwhile dry roast all the vangi bath powder ingrdiants except coconut powder. Grind them well add coconut powder to it.
6. Once Onions and Brinjals are cooked add the tamarind paste, salt and sugar to it.
7. Now add the Vangi Bath Powder and curry leaves to the above mixture and cook them for few mintues.
8. Mix the whole brinjal mixture to the rice and Vangi bath is ready.
* Serve with Papad or Potato chips.